Information about the project
- The 110 km gas pipeline passes through the municipalities of Klaipėda, Plungė, Telšiai, Rietavas and Šiauliai districts.
- The project was implemented within a particularly short period of time – 27 months after announcing the tender to purchase design services.
- Project investments comprise EUR 57.9 million. During the implementation of the project, more than 9 per cent of planned investments, i.e. approximately EUR 6 million, were saved.
More information about the project: www.ambergrid.lt
PROJECT GOALS AND SIGNIFICANCE
- Enables diversification of gas supply sources for the Baltic countries’ market participants;
- Increases Baltic countries’ gas market competitiveness and ensures security of natural gas supply;
- Enables full utilization of capacities of the LNG terminal in Klaipėda;
- Has great importance to the formation of the competitive natural gas market in the Baltic region;
- Increases reliability of the transmission system.