Financial and non financial reports
EPSO-G regards corporate social responsibility as contributor towards sustainable development of our operations and believes that the ways in which business goals are achieved are important.
The goup's social responsibility policy is based on corporate vision, mission, values and objectives set in its mid-term strategy. It is understood as an integral part of a sustainable business.
The companies of EPSO-G group understand a sustainable development of harmonious business as a set of economic, social and environmental actions by increasing the general welfare of society in own professional activities and by reducing the permissible environmental exposure limits.
When planning its activities EPSO-G group takes into account the economic and social expectations of stakeholders, ensures transparent management, develops ethical relations in the market, introduces measures to prevent corruption and contributes to creating a good business climate.
The principles of social responsibility are implemented on the basis of the related EPSO-G policies and other valid internal documents.
The following policies apply in EPSO-G group:
- Corporate Governance Policy. The policy is aimed at ensuring implementation of good governance practices by establishing the uniform principles of corporate governance and reciprocity of the parent company and other companies of the group.
- Social Responsibility Policy. The policy is aimed at applying good business practices, implementation of modern management of human resources and applying natural resource-saving technologies, substances and processes that are not harmful to human health.
- Transparency and Communication Policy. The policy is aimed at fostering fair anf efficient communiactaion with each other and with the external stakeholders, i.e. society, shareholder, market regulators, etc.
- Corruption Prevention Policy. The policy sets basic principles and requirements aimed at prevention of corruption and imposes guidelines for ensuring compliance with them with an aim to create conditions for the highest standards of transparent business conduct applied in the group.
- Remuneration Policy. The policy is intended to properly manage wage costs and create motivational incentives in order the remuneration amount would directly depend on the implementation of the objectives that are set for the company and each employee.
- Accounting Policy. The policy is intended to ensure that the stakeholders were able to assess the activity and perspective of the companies of the group enough to make corresponding economic decisions.
- Dividend Policy. The policy is intended to establish clear guidelines for expected equity and return on investment for the existing and potential shareholders while at the same time ensuring sustainable long-term corporate value growth, timely implementation of strategic projects of national importance thereby gradually strengthening confidence in the entire energy transmission and exchange group of companies.
- Interest Management Policy. The policy is intended to create the interest management system which is consistent with the common good practice and would allow ensuring that decisions in the companies of the group are made in an objective and impartial manner and would also form an environment that is unfavourable to corruption.
- Policy for the Protection of Sensitive Information. The policy is intended to create a uniform system for the identification, use and protection of confidential information and information constituting trading (know-how) secret, and to help the members and employees of the management bodies of the companies of EPSO-G group protecting the confidential information they were entrusted with against inappropriate and harmful disclosure.
- Policy for the Development and Exploitation of Technology Assets. The policy is intended to consistently implement the principles of management and development of electricity and natural gas infrastructure based on the cost and benefit analysis, to deploy advanced technologies, to manage and develop the energy transmission infrastructure in a socially responsible manner taking into account the occupational safety and environmental requirements.
- Donations' Policy. The policy is intended to ensure that the donations provided are public, cast no doubt in the society regarding its expediency and transparency of the granting process.
- Code of Conduct. Its purpose is to set the same general guidelines of behaviour for communication and cooperation with internal and external stakeholders: employees, customers, contractors, business partners, shareholders, national and municipal authorities, society, etc. The code’s provisions are based not only on the employer’s duty, but also on the personal understanding of each employee that his/her proper behaviour improves business reputation and value of the company and the entire group and reduces probability of reputation risk.
Social responsibility report is integral part of EPSO-G annual report